The Y is about belonging. That's why we make sure everybody can take part regardless of their ability to pay the fees.
A YMCA membership is a valuable tool that can help you and your family achieve a healthy lifestyle. As a charity, we are committed to providing opportunities for everyone to participate in a YMCA program. Membership Assistance serves those individuals and families who have the greatest need in our community.
If you think you may qualify for Membership Assistance, visit your local YMCA and request a private, confidential interview to discuss.
Please come prepared for your interview
- Your most recent Notice of Assessment, or current paystubs for each adult in the family (minimum one month)
- Most recent bank statement
- Documentation regarding all other sources of income applicable to you, such as: Student Finance, Child Support, Child Tax Benefit
To activate your monthly membership payments, you will need to bring a VOID cheque, VISA, or MasterCard.
Things you should know about Membership Assistance
- It is not possible to join the YMCA for free. Membership Assistance may be for you if you are unable, but not unwilling, to pay full fees. Everyone must pay a portion of the Membership Fee and the one-time Joiner Fee.
- Your fee is determined based on income and household size. We require financial information to assess a fair membership fee suited to your payment abilities.
- Money for Membership Assistance is provided by supporters who generously donate to the YMCA and United Way.
- As an applicant for YMCA Membership Assistance, you are committed to making payments on time and using your membership a minimum of twice a week on a regular basis. Using your membership twice a week ensures that YMCA resources support those who will benefit from membership.