Join our Team.
The YMCA of Hamilton|Burlington|Brantford has a bold and compelling vision to build stronger, more vibrant and healthy communities. We're looking for innovative, collaborative and motivated individuals looking to make a difference in their local community.
Join a diverse team of more than 2,000 employees that inspire people to reach their potential and support the healthy development of children, youth and families.
Whether you're seeking your first employment opportunity or looking to make a career change, we offer a full range of employment opportunities.
Our broad range of YMCA programs and services create countless opportunities for team members to share their talents and skills and bring our YMCA Mission to life.
Investing in People
Our work environment is defined by respect, teamwork, opportunities for personal and professional growth and investments in the health and wellness of the people who are part of that team. We offer an array of total rewards to recognize loyalty, longevity, and passion for the work we do:
- Competitive remuneration
- Comprehensive extended health and benefits plan
- Generous pension plans where employees have the opportunity to choose how to invest their funds
- Free YMCA Memberships for FT employees and their families
- Generous vacation entitlements
- Professional development opportunities including on-the-job training and access to YMCA education scholarships
- Reduced rates for YMCA Child Care and Camp programs for FT employees
Where You Can Be You
At the YMCA, we welcome people to be themselves. Our core values of honesty, caring, respect, responsibility and belonging drive our work and our actions.
The YMCA is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourages applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, women, individuals with disabilities, and people of any sexual orientation, and people of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available throughout our recruitment process. Please contact our Human Resources Team should you require accommodations through your application process.
Building a Future-Focused Workforce
The pandemic has altered the competencies and experience we are seeking in a post-COVID-19 environment that emphasize the need for people who bring:
- Passion, good communication and relationship management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in the new normal that has changed us forever
- A willingness to embrace technology and the digitization of work in virtual environments
- A commitment to continued learning and application of new skills