February 22 - YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics facilities will be reopening on March 1st. For more information about pre-booking your workouts and other important changes, please read our Reopening Information.
The YMCA Newcomer Settlement Program is here to support your successful settlement and integration in Canada and here in our local community.
Here is a list of some of the areas you can receive assistance with:
- Completing forms and documents
- Personal and family settlement process
- Immigration and legal issues
- Canadian life and culture
- Employment and education
- Licensing and accreditation
- Interpretation and translation
- Information, advisement and support
- Access to programs and services
Who is the Program Available For?
The YMCA's Newcomer Settlement Program is open to:
- Permanent residents
- Canadian citizens
- Convention refugees and refugee claimants
- Newcomers admitted under Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program
- Foreign domestic workers admitted under the Live-In Caregiver Program
- Minister’s permit holders
Contact YMCA Immigrant Services
25 Main Street West
Program funding provided by the Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade.