The YMCA Newcomer Settlement Program is here to support your successful settlement and integration in Canada and here in our local community.
Here is a list of some of the areas you can receive assistance with:
- Completing forms and documents
- Personal and family settlement process
- Immigration and legal issues
- Canadian life and culture
- Employment and education
- Licensing and accreditation
- Interpretation and translation
- Information, advisement and support
- Access to programs and services
Who is the Program Available For?
The YMCA's Newcomer Settlement Program is open to:
- Permanent residents
- Canadian citizens
- Convention refugees and refugee claimants
- Newcomers admitted under Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program
- Foreign domestic workers admitted under the Live-In Caregiver Program
- Minister’s permit holders
Contact YMCA Immigrant Services
25 Main Street West
Program funding provided by the Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade.