All YMCA before and after school programs will remain closed following the April Break due to the provincial order to close schools to in-person learning. All YMCA School Age Child Care payments will be suspended at this time, with the exception of outstanding payments.
All YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics facilities remain temporarily closed due to the province-wide stay-at-home order. All active memberships will be placed on hold as of April 3rd and no membership payments will be collected. For complete info please read our Updates to Members
At the YMCA offers part-time and full-time positions and a multitude of potential career paths and opportunities for all ages. Many of our full-time and senior staff started out guarding on YMCA pool decks; leading kids in camp programs, or providing other programs to our members.
Whether you are looking for your first job or a second career, you will find opportunities to grow and thrive working at the YMCA.
Work with the YMCA and enjoy:
- A meaningful job, a caring work environment and a friendly and professional team
- A generous dose of team spirit, respect for others, excellent work relations and pride
- A broad mix of people who bring diverse perspectives and talents to the workplace
- A comprehensive benefits package comparable to some of Canada’s best employers
- A generous vacation entitlement that increases with seniority
- A membership to our Health and Fitness facilities for full-time staff members and their families
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (counselling and preventative education)
- Work/Life and Family Friendly policies, including reduced fees in YMCA programs such as Child Care and Camps (depending on availability and capacity) for full-time staff.
View current job postings