Please note that between December 1 - 8 YMCA branches will each have an early closure to give all our YMCA teams an opportunity to celebrate the holidays. Thank you for your understanding. Click here to see the dates and times.
Promoting the safety, well-being and potential of children, youth and vulnerable persons is the cornerstone of our work at the YMCA of Hamilton|Burlington|Brantford. We believe Child Protection is the responsibility of everyone at the YMCA. To ensure the welfare and protection of children, we take a number of steps including;
- valuing, respecting and listening to children, youth and vulnerable persons
- ensuring all necessary checks are made when recruiting staff and volunteers
- maintaining strong child protection systems and procedures for staff and volunteers
- training all YMCA staff and volunteers and providing a common understanding of child protection issues to inform planning and practice
- sharing information about child protection and good practice with children and parents/guardians
- sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents/guardians and children appropriately
- providing effective management for staff through clear processes, supervision, support and regular audits
For more information, please review our Child Protection Policy.