All YMCA before and after school programs will remain closed following the April Break due to the provincial order to close schools to in-person learning. All YMCA School Age Child Care payments will be suspended at this time, with the exception of outstanding payments.
All YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics facilities remain temporarily closed due to the province-wide stay-at-home order. All active memberships will be placed on hold as of April 3rd and no membership payments will be collected. For complete info please read our Updates to Members
Promoting the safety, well-being and potential of children, youth and vulnerable persons is the cornerstone of our work at the YMCA of Hamilton|Burlington|Brantford. We believe Child Protection is the responsibility of everyone at the YMCA. To ensure the welfare and protection of children, we take a number of steps including;
- valuing, respecting and listening to children, youth and vulnerable persons
- ensuring all necessary checks are made when recruiting staff and volunteers
- maintaining strong child protection systems and procedures for staff and volunteers
- training all YMCA staff and volunteers and providing a common understanding of child protection issues to inform planning and practice
- sharing information about child protection and good practice with children and parents/guardians
- sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents/guardians and children appropriately
- providing effective management for staff through clear processes, supervision, support and regular audits
For more information, please review our Child Protection Policy.