. Fully accessible and free to the community, the Virtual Y brings YMCA programs and services directly to people from the convenience of their homes.
The website includes a collection of YMCA resources designed to support people of all ages and abilities in spirit, mind and body including free online:
- Fitness classess for adults, children and seniors
- Learning resources and children's activities from YMCA Child Development experts
- Wellness supports including guided meditations and self-care resources
- YMCA employment services and immigrant services information
- As well as a collection of the YMCA's favourite free online resources including virtual tours, music and cooking classes.
"Our collective efforts to help stop the spread of COVID-19 come with added social isolation for many people right now. The fact is this can be even more challenging for individuals and families facing financial challenges," said Jim Commeford, President & CEO, YMCA of Hamilton|Burlington|Brantford. "At the Y, we've always been committed to connecting people to their communities. Our Virtual Y is part of our COVID-19 response effort at the YMCA and a means for us to give back to our communities in some small way."
In addition to the Virtual Y, the YMCA of Hamilton|Burlington|Brantford is now offering YMCA employment and immigrant settlement services via phone or online via YtoWork.ca
as well as supporting the 170+ local men at-risk, living at their Men's residence within the Hamilton Downtown YMCA.
While the Virtual Y already includes dozens of free fitness classes and children's activities, the YMCA will continue to add new content and resources over the coming days and weeks.
April 16, 2020 - With people across communities doing their part to stay home and help flatten the curve, the YMCA of Hamilton|Burlington|Brantford announced the launch today of their first Virtual YMCA;