We have the resources, training and expertise to help you find the right job.
Whether you're unemployed, laid-off or considering a career change, our expert coaches will help to guide your job search and stay with you every step of the way.
We provide a wide range of free, personalized services to help you find the right job for your right now.
Programs for Job Seekers
What does Better Jobs Ontario give you?
Acquire new skills - those needed for jobs in demand right now and financial support if you qualify for Better Jobs Ontario.
Apply for up to $28,000 for costs including:
- Manuals, workbooks or other instructional costs
- Basic living allowance (maximum up to $500 per week)
Additional funding may be available for:
- Child care
- Disability-related supports
Take the next step to Better Jobs Ontario. Contact the nearest YMCA Employment Services location today.
This Employment Ontario program or service is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement.
Are you looking for a way into a skilled trade?
Are you between 16 and 29?
Do you identify as Black, Indigenous or a Person of Colour?
Try a Trade provides participants with:
- Employment Readiness Workshops
- Paid Work Placements
- Hands on learning in the following trades:
- Truck and Coach Technician
- Power Lift Truck Technician
- Parts Technician
No experience necessary. To apply:
This program is funded by the Government of Ontario. Delivered in partnership with Mohawk College.
Supports for Employers
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant is an opportunity for you to invest in your workforce.
Available to small, medium and large businesses, you'll need a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees to be eligible to receive up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
If you have a particular skills demand, this Grant may be right for you.
Contact us to learn more information. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada Job Grant Programs delivered by the Government of Ontario.
Looking to invest in your workforce?
Looking to find and hire skilled employees? YMCA Employment Services for Employers can help.
We offer the following services designed to help you with your hiring and training needs:
- Pre-screening of applicants, so you don't have to
- Free job postings and job fair assistance, streamlining your HR needs
- Ongoing support, with access to training information, tax credits, labour market supply/demand, and retention strategies
- Hiring and training incentives, helping you offset workforce costs
Get in touch with the YMCA Employment Services team today. We aim to save you time and money.
This Employment Ontario program or service is funded by the Ontario government.