All YMCA before and after school programs will remain closed following the April Break due to the provincial order to close schools to in-person learning. All YMCA School Age Child Care payments will be suspended at this time, with the exception of outstanding payments.
All YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics facilities remain temporarily closed due to the province-wide stay-at-home order. All active memberships will be placed on hold as of April 3rd and no membership payments will be collected. For complete info please read our Updates to Members
Are you a job seeker interested in applying for Skills for Steel?
Who is eligible?
- Unemployed or working less than 20 hours a week or living on low household income
- 18+ years old
- Not in school
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Interest in a career in the Steel Industry
Skills for Steel is being offered in Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara and Cambridge-Kitchener-Waterloo.
Skills for Steel includes:
- Up to 8 weeks skill-specific training in the Steel Industry
- Connections to the industry
- Certificate of Recognition
- 8 weeks paid job placement
- Opportunity for employment
- Graduation ceremony
- Support from Employment Coaches
For more information about Skills for Steel or to speak with an Employment Coach, please fill out the form below.
For more information, please contact your area's Skills for Steel team.
This Employment Ontario project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.
Your job is out there and we'll help you find it. There is a YMCA program or service designed to support your individual needs. Unemployed/laid off? Need education or training? New to Ontario?...