Nothing is more important than the health and safety or our members and staff. We are following all regulations and guidelines from our government and public health officials to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We have enhanced cleaning and hygience practices and have implemented new safety measures to promote physical distancing. These new measures include the following:
Effective Friday, October 16th, we will also require the use of masks while exercising in our Hamilton, Flamborough and Burlington YMCA health and fitness centres including on our conditioning floor, in weight areas, and during group fitness classes.
The YMCA continues to monitor and work closely with local public health officials in the City of Brantford. We strongly recommend the use of masks while exercising at the Laurier Brantford YMCA
and will continue to monitor the needs and adjust our mask protocols in Brantford accordingly should it be required.
Measures to support physical distancing:
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene:
- Fitness equipment has been spaced apart to 6 feet or greater are clearly marked. This may also mean that some equipment will be temporarily unavailable for use.
- Group Fitness classes have been modified to limit the number of participants based on the size of the studio or room.
- We have limited the number of members in our centres. Members are required to book their time with us in advance.
- We have clear markings on the floor to indicate how far you will need to be from others at any given time.
- In some facilities or spaces there may be directional flow for walking traffic.
- Staff members will be visibly wearing protective equipment.
- All members are required to wipe down equipment and workout spaces before and after use.
- Our Staff Team will be continuously disinfecting high touch surface areas and cleaning continously throughout the day.
- Increased signage and hand sanitization stations to remind everyone to wash and sanitize their hands regularly.
- Disinfectant wipes will be available to clean equipment before and after use.
- All members, volunteers and staff entering the centres will be screened for symptoms of ill-health and health-risks prior to entry.
- We have established a convenient booking system that allows members to book their time with us and enable us to meet provincial regulations for capacity.
- Areas or equipment that don't allow for physical distancing will remain temporarily closed.
- Members are asked to bring some of their own equipment, including mats, racquets, basketballs and reusable water bottles.