Thursday, December 12 - Please note the 7:15 Zumba Class at the Flamborough Family YMCA is cancelled this evening. This is a great opportunity to try our Yoga or Bootcamp Classes instead. See you soon!
The Hamilton Downtown Family YMCA pool will be closed for annual maintenance from December 15 to 26. All swim lessons, lane/open swims and AquaFit classes will be cancelled. The pool will reopen on Friday, December 27. Thanks for your understanding.
Please note that the Laurier Brantford YMCA will be closing at 5:30pm on Thursday, December 12, so that all staff can attend their branch holiday celebration. All programs and fitness classes are cancelled after 4:00pm. Thank you for your understanding.
Jointly operated by Wilfrid Laurier University and the YMCA of Hamilton|Burlington| Brantford, this fun-filled camp emphasizes skills, drills, fitness and development in a different sport every week! Sports include soccer, basketball, volleyball, pickleball, floor hockey and more in the brand-new Laurier Brantford YMCA.
Campers will have the opportunity each week to build skills such as dribbling, passing, hand eye coordination and teamwork, along with participating in swimming, arts and crafts and other camp games. A variety of guest speakers will provide additional learning opportunities.
Location: Laurier Brantford YMCA
Themes & Weeks
*Shortened week due to statutory holiday.
- Week 1 (July 2-5)* – Cars & Planes
A collision of sports and transportation!
- Week 2 (July 8-12) – Game On
Games with the right people are always fun!
- Week 3 (July 15-19) – Everyday Hero’s
Not all hero's wear capes!
- Week 4 (July 22-26) – Fun & Fitness
Experience some of the Laurier Brantford YMCA's best group fitness classes and have some fun doing it!
- Week 5 (July 29-Aug 2) – Moovin’ & Groovin’
Move and groove to music!
- Week 6 (Aug 6-9)* – Under the Sea
Unleash your inner fish!
- Week 7 (Aug 12-16) – Golden Hawk Pride
Step into the life of a Laurier Golden Hawk!
- Week 8 (Aug 19-23) - Olympics
The Summer Olympics may not officially be till 2020 but who says we can't host it in 2019!
- Week 9 (Aug 26-30) - Safari Fun
Animal lovers are most welcome!
A day in the life at our camp!
- Themed games - These will promote PLAY so that all children can participate and engage in physical activity!
- Camper's Choice - Counsellor's will go head to head to try and attract campers to participate in their activity. Potential Activities include themed arts and crafts, active gym games and smaller group studio games.
- Daily Swimming - We will swim every day from 2:00-3:00pm in our Leisure Pool and Main Pool! If you have any questions about pool protocol, you can contact us or the Aquatics Supervisor, Cori Charlton at email@example.com
- Sports - In accordance with the Long Term Athlete Development Model (LTADM), we want your child to be as active and healthy for life, not just during our camp! Your child will most likely be in one of the following stages of the LTADM: FUNdamentals or Learn to Train. Games will focus on providing fun, inclusive, multi-sport and developmentally appropriate sport and physical activity. With older campers, we will dive into more skill based sport games and activities. Our goal is to positively affect campers by developing a wide range of movement skills, while increasing their confidence and desire to participate. Sport may include, but are not limited to: Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, Football, Volleyball, Baseball, Dodgeball, Handball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Pickleball, Tennis, etc. We will play a variety of sports each week to insure children are playing some of their favourite sports and some sports they have never tried before!
- Special Guests/Events - We are excited to invite a variety of guest speakers to join camp over the summer
For additional information please contact Nick McCready at 519-512-4891 ext 3122 or firstname.lastname@example.org