You're never too young to enjoy the water! For children between 6 months and 5 years old, the YMCA L'il Dippers swim lessons are developed with your child's natural growth and development in mind.
There are eight levels in the YMCA L'il Dipper program: Splashers, Bubblers, Bobbers, Floaters, Gliders, Divers, Surfers, and Dippers. We'll ensure that we find the right level for your child and help them progress at their own pace. For complete information including YMCA swim skill levels and Red Cross / Lifesaving Society equaivalents please see this brochure.
L'il Dippers makes it easy for your child to progress through the levels with no re-registration required.
Five reasons parents choose YMCA L'il Dippers:
• siblings of different ages and levels can have a lesson at the same time
• continuous feedback, with the emphasis on participation, and online Aquatics Progress Reports
• when a level is completed there is no need to re-register until they complete the L'il Dippers program
• you may choose to change the day or time of your swim lesson at any time
• with YMCA Rolling Registration you can register at any time
Splashers and Bubblers are Parented Swim Lessons and are registered programs.
Registration is required for all Swim Lessons. Please contact your Health, Fitness and Aquatics membership centre.
Every child will receive an electronic Aquatic Progress Report highlighting areas of achievement and continued practice at the end of each seasonal session. Progress Reports are available online at YMCASwimReport.ca following each season’s session.
- Spring 2018: April 8 - June 23
- Summer 2018: July 2 -September 1
- Fall 2018: September 16 - December 22
- Winter 2018: January 6 - March 30
If you are already registered into a swim lesson and cannot attend, please email the appropriate absent line to notify the instructors of your absence. If you are unable to access the email address, please call your branch and the front desk staff can assist you.
Please leave your child's name, the day and time of their swim lesson and the aquatics staff will mark them as absent.
Also Offered At
Enter your postal code to Find a YMCA location near you that offers this program.
Swim Lessons in Smaller Groups at the YMCA HBB It's never too late to learn to swim or improve your stroke technique in YMCA private or semi-private swim lessons. The YMCA can help you achieve...
L'il Sharks is for young swimmers age 3+ with special needs. The YMCA can provide one-on-one swim lessons to help your child develop and improve their swim skills. An assessment is required prior...