- Waterdown, Ontario
- Type of Position:
- Full Time One Year Contract with Benefits
- Job Level:
- Level 5 (Starting Salary $36,400 - $45,000)
- Placement Date:
YMCA Employment Services
427 Dundas Street East
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA values the contributions of its diverse teams. We recognize the importance of providing meaningful opportunities that allow employees to grow and thrive. At the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford, in addition to fair wages, we offer a complimentary general membership with additional options for family participation. A comprehensive benefits program is also available to employees including a competitive and robust pension program. YMCA Employees enjoy a generous vacation entitlement that increases with seniority, as well as other paid entitlements. All employees have access to an Employee Assistance Program which provides confidential counseling and referral services as well as preventative education. Additionally, the YMCA understands the holistic needs of its employees is equally important and attempts to support these goals by offering a variety of staff discounts on the programs and services that support good health and strong families. We look forward to welcoming you to the YMCA.
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. By nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, the YMCA connects people to life-building opportunities, to each other and enhances their quality of life. We foster social responsibility and healthy living. The YMCA works collectively with community partners that share the YMCA’s determination in strengthening the foundations of community for all people
This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values of: Belonging, Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults. All offers of employment will be subject to the provision that the successful incumbent provides the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford with a current and satisfactory Police Records Check. Positions responsible for the direct supervision of children and/or vulnerable persons will be required, in addition to a Police Records Check, to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening Report at the time of hire.
Nature & Scope:
As a branch of the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford, the YMCA Employment, Training & Settlement Services delivers Employment Services, Youth Employment Initiatives, Literacy & Basic Skills, Youth Outreach and Immigrant Settlement Programs.
This is a full-time one year contract position with benefits.
- Assess clients’ employment and educational needs through various assessment tools and develop an action plan based on the decision-making model
- Refer qualified candidates to employers and match/ place clients to available jobs through all available strategies and negotiates appropriate accommodations necessary for client placements
- Provide quality support to both employers and clients during job search, job application and hiring process and on the job and advises clients and employers on employment supports available through all levels of government; Job Retention support to ensure that client maintains employment through 30, 60, 90 and 365 days
- Effectively adapt and deliver a marketing strategy to build and grow relationships with employers to achieve job placement outcomes through presentations, job fairs, special events, agency committees, team meetings etc.
- Monitor job entry through site visits and regular telephone or electronic contact with employers and clients to monitor clients’ job performance and training plan and provide post-employment support and services as needed
- Maintains Case Management Information System by ensuring client and employer statistical and financial information, job development activities and follow up reports are data entered in timely and accurate manner and the privacy and confidentiality of client/employer records are maintained
- Plans, develops and delivers workshops for employers and clients on employment, training, recruiting, occupational health and safety, workplace accommodation etc. based on current and future needs
- Demonstrated 2 years’ experience in Career and Employment Counselling with individuals who are experiencing barriers and with demonstrated successful employment/job entry, recruitment, and job retention
- Degree or Diploma in Employment Counseling, Social Work, Social Service Worker, Human Resources or related program
- Demonstrated sales and marketing, recruitment and job development skills with a proven track record to achieve service and employment targets and outcomes and take initiative and build relationships by being self-directed and results oriented
- Work collaboratively with partnerships, corporations and associations to represent YMCA and/or the network in a professional manner while achieving agreed upon results.
- Able to understand employment barriers and client assets with ability to communicate to adults, newcomers, persons with disabilities and youth and other clients from various cultures, social and economic backgrounds
- Advanced skills utilizing all Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel and online meeting platforms in order to work with clients and employers
- Well organized, team player who is able to take initiative, manage change/transitions with the ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines and targets
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
- Certification in Crisis Intervention, First Aid, Occupational Health and Safety and workplace accommodation an asset
- Driver’s License and own transportation required
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the Mission, Vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Coaching & Development
Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and self-development.
Ensures that YMCA programs and services are superior
Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum
Creativity and Innovation
Develops new ways or adapts existing needs to help us achieve desired results. Challenges the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is an equal opportunity employer.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford encourages employees within the Association, as well as those employed within the Canadian YMCA/YMCA-YWCA Federation to submit their application.
Please note that in so doing, the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford reserves the right to contact the applicable YMCA or YMCA-YWCA for purposes of seeking an employment reference throughout the recruitment process.
Please ensure that prior to submitting your application that you have disclosed to your current supervisor, your intention to submit your application. By submitting your application, you understand and agree to allow the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford to contact your current Association.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your letter of application and resume by January 22, 2021 attention:
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.