YMCA Strong Kids
YMCA programs have a positive impact on all, but particularly positive on children, teens and young adults, dramatically enhancing their health and overall well-being. The economic impact of keeping our kids healthy and active is well proven and documented. By joining thousands of others in your community your gift could...
- Enable a family peace of mind as their child attends day camp in a fun, nurturing and safe environment.
- Support a teen to participate in leadership development programs; building their skills, character and self-esteem.
- Change a child's life at YMCA overnight camp.
- Ensure a whole family can enjoy the lasting benefits of regular physical activity at their local YMCA.
- Ensure the support of a much needed but underfunded kids program in your community, such as the Virtual YMCA.
Building skills for life
The YMCA also plays a vital role in the cultivation of developmental assets---a series of common sense, positive experiences and qualities that help influence the choices young people make and help them become caring, responsible adults. Family support, a caring neighbourhood and positive peer influence are just a few of these assets that contribute to positive growth for children and youth.
Developed by the Search Institute, a nonprofit charitable research organization committed to helping create healthy communities for every young person, the developmental assets help shed light on the possibilities for young people—reminding us that every child has potential and deserves opportunity.
By making a difference in a child's life today, you’re influencing their life tomorrow. Please give to the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign.
The 2011 YMCA Strong Kids Report
Impacts, our newsletter to donors and friends of the YMCA, highlights the difference YMCA donors have made by supporting children and youth at the YMCA. Check out how lives have been changed in 2011.